Thursday, July 8, 2010

Time To Get Married

I went to the hospital and had an ultrasound. It's official, I'm a mommy.

That blurry black dot in the uterus is at about 3 weeks 5 days.
I've picked out the names McKaela Elizabeth or Will Allen.


You may be asking, oh wow, what now?
To be honest, I have no freaking idea.
I think the best thing to do is get married
as soon as possible before my mother finds
out and FLIPS A SHITake mushroom.

So far, this is what I've done.

  • hired Kerline from Joie de Vie wedding planning services $1750
  • tried on seven dresses and picked one: Cabo by Watters $1900

Dave bought me two pairs of Louboutins
because I couldn't decide between them: $1500



My colors are going to be sand, white and hot pink.
I booked Costa d'Este Resort venue because
I am having a barefoot beach themed wedding
so I don't want it to be a far walk. This beach is
less than an hour from my house so I thought
it would be the perfect location. Hopefully,
I'm going to have less than 50 guests. $8000




I'm having Bryan Taylor from Tagas entertainment DJ for me.
He's also doing lighting. The total package was $1500.
I heard good things about his work.

I have my fingers crossed for Alice in Flowerland
to be my florist but she hasn't gotten back to me yet.
I'm currently looking for photographers. I really love
Misty Miotto's work but I only need 4 hours and she
only does 6-8 hour packages. I might hire her but
$2500 seems a lot for such a small wedding.


So far Dave has spent $3000 on invitations and decor
but I expect it to snowball to $5000:





I'm sending out invitations as a message in a bottle.
I might do menus this way too if I like the invitations.
I get them in custom fit cardboard boxes next week.


Dave and I decided to do a funny invite:


This isn't the actual one but looks just like it. My wedding will actually be on September 11th.

We're going to stay at the St. Regis in Bora Bora for our honeymoon!
It's going to be about a 30 hour flight but it's worth it! $7500


I want an acoustic guitar player for the ceremony.
When Dave proposed to me in December,
he did it via song that he wrote
and had recorded in L.A. by
a musician named Scott Peterson.
We're thinking about hiring him. $500

Here are the bridesmaid's bouquets and my bouquet: $300




As you can see, I love stargazer lilies.

My bestie/maid of honor, Lily, is in fashion school right now.
She's making my veil for me. We chose a lace tulle and an ivory
lily to much my dress. I love the 1920's glam birdcage veils.


I picked this dress for my flower girl. $50


I'm having a hard time choosing between cakes.
Here are the candidates: $1000




I'm having my calligraphy done by SamiraGast.com
Not only is she talented but she's beautiful too. $300
The officiant will be from Sensational Ceremonies. $300
Dave and I are getting our teeth whitened before the wedding $300
We're hiring a local dance company to do first dance choreography. $300
I bought a pack of wavy 20" extensions in 1B so I'll be dying my hair black. $300

Here are my chosen wedding vows:
I, Cynthia, take you, Dave, to be my husband, secure in the knowledge that you will be my constant friend, my faithful partner, and my one true love. On this special day, may our hearts beat together as one as I look with joy down the path of our tomorrow's knowing we will walk it together side by side, hand in hand and heart to heart. I affirm to you in the presence of all our loved ones in attendance, my sacred promise to stay by your side as your faithful wife in sickness and in health, in joy and in sorrow, as well as through all of the uncertainties and trials of the present and future. Whatever lies ahead, we will face together. May we build a home that is compassionate to all, forever filled with peace, happiness and love. I promise to love you without reservation, to respect you, protect you, comfort you in times of distress, encourage you to achieve all of your goals, laugh with you and cry with you, grow with you in mind and spirit, always be open and honest with you, and cherish you for as long as we both shall live and may my constant devotion nourish and sustain you until the end of time.



I have other ideas for the wedding that haven't gone into play yet. I need to come up with a pretty beach themed decorative box with a lock that guests can put their gifts into. I also need to make an amenities basket filled with sunscreen, bug spray, ice cold drinks and beach towels for the guests to use during the ceremony. I'm thinking about renting a photobooth but it might be pointless to have both that AND a photographer. I need to buy waterproof makeup for the wedding because I absolutely know I will be crying my eyes out. I'm having my mom's ex boyfriend, Ryan walk me down the aisle since my dad passed away a few years ago. Ryan was always there for us when we needed him, even after he and my mom broke up.

Here are some visuals I like that I want to incorporate
into the wedding but haven't bought the stuff yet:






Now for the centerpiece, I'm really indecisive about. Here are candidates:







I want the wedding to be pretty of course, but I'm trying to control myself
with the pink flowers so that it's more about Dave and I, not just me.
Everything I've planned, everyone I've hired, and everything we've
bought so far has been done over the last 3 days. I'm rushing this
because I only have two months to plan this wedding before
the baby starts to show on me. I'll keep y'all updated!

6 comments:

  1. OMG - congrats! Both on the wedding and on the pregnancy :-) I hope you have a safe and fun time in the run up to both!

    I think your invite is hilarious :-) If your guests have any sense of humour they will love those. Very original :-)

    And I vote for cake #2 (well, I'd vote for all three but I'm a well known glutton!).

    It was super sweet to see you put up all the details of your wedding, it's nice to have some insight and share in your joy. I really sincerely wish you the best with the planning, pregnancy and the main event(s)! You deserve it. Enjoy this special time.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow congrats x2!

    I love all of your wedding ideas...especially the stargazer lilies, my favorite! And the invitation is hilarious! Where did you find that?!

    Good luck with the planning...it looks like it will be the perfect beach wedding. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! How the HECK did you plan all that out so soon?! All of it was fab. I'm team Cake #3! And I like the 1st set of center pieces...WOW! You are on the FAST track!!! Good luck with everything and just go one day at a time! Your life is about to change FOREVER! Make the best of it! Beautiful vows- did you write them yourself? I can't recall! Keep updating your blog! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww!Good luck,congrats and everything looks like it will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg Congratulations. I am so happy for you . You guys have my ideal SD/SB relationship. I cant wait till get married.. Your wedding is turning out to be so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the wedding! Would love to hear an update.

    ReplyDelete